Barcelona, August 17, 2022. Last May, the Beauty Cluster organized a mission to South Korea within the framework of the Global Cosmetics Cluster – Europe project, a European network with the aim of increasing international collaboration for commercial purposes and research, in order to promote the growth of all members of the cluster.
Throughout this mission, different visits, activities and retail tours were carried out that allowed for a global vision of the cosmetics industry in South Korea and to be in contact with the beauty trends of the moment.
8 beauty trends that stood out most strongly in the South Korean market were detected:
- Hair care sneaks into the beauty routine with more force than ever
- Nutricosmetics: a “must have” present in various formats
- Women’s intimate health: breaking taboos in favor of well-being
- Single dose: mini sizes for facial care
- Innovations in packaging continue to be the protagonists
- Gamification: free samples in exchange for data. Everything has a price
- Masks: thousands of references for the least sustainable cosmetic
- Hygiene and antimicrobial effect is of greatest concern
You can now visit the showroom with all the products that represent these trends at the Beauty Hub (C/Milà i Fontanals 14-26, 2º 9º. 08012 Barcelona). Reserve an hour of visit to come try and touch the cosmetics that arrive directly from Seoul. Get in touch by sending an email to email@example.com to notify in advance.