- The finalists of the third edition of the Digital Beauty Awards are already known, the awards that recognize the work of companies, institutions and professionals in the field of digitization and e-commerce in the beauty sector.
- The jury has made the first selection among the more than 400 applications to choose the finalists who represent more than 120 companies and industry professionals.
- The awards consist of 22 categories, which reward the best brands, managers, digital innovation, marketing campaigns, online sales platforms or influencers – among others.
Barcelona, May 17, 2023. The 2023 edition of the Digital Beauty Awards (DBA) already has finalists. After a long period of analysis of the more than 400 applications received, on May 16 the awards jury selected the best applications for each of the twenty-two awards that will be awarded.
Promoted by the Beauty Cluster, the largest Spanish cosmetics, perfumery and personal care cluster, the DBA will reward the best companies, professionals and initiatives in digitization and e-commerce in Spain and the winners will be announced at an exclusive gala that will take place at the Casa Milà (La Pedrera) in Barcelona on July 6.
The 2022 edition of the Digital Beauty Awards (DBA) featured more than 300 nominations, of which almost 40 were awarded at a luxurious gala that took place in person at the iconic La Pedrara building. AirParfum and Puig were the big winners of the night, obtaining 5 awards: “Best Digital Innovation Award”, “Best Digital Transformation Award”, “Best Sustainable Digital Innovation Award” and “Best Digital Initiative at the Point of Sale”. Camila Tomas was chosen as “Best Digital Director”. The gala was attended by 200 executives and professionals from the sector.
According to Ivan Borrego, director of the DBA and the Beauty Cluster: ‘We face this third edition with the certainty that the Digital Beauty Awards are consolidated as the main national digitalization and e-commerce awards for the Spanish cosmetics, perfumery and personal care. They have already become an annual meeting point and a benchmark for all professionals who want to discover the most innovative initiatives and connect with their promoters’.
The awards have a jury of experts in digitization, electronic commerce and marketing and communication of the beauty sector. They debut as a jury in this edition Elena Borrás, Chief Digital & Marketing Officer L’Oréal Luxe Spain + Portugal; Camila Tomas, Vice President Innovation & Technology at Puig. Board Member Air Parfum; Marta Panera, Head of Marketing & Communications Iberia at Foreo. Member WomenInTechSpain; Gerardo Cañelllas, CEO at Perfume’s Club. Specialist in multi-channel trading of beauty products with a clear online focus; Marián García, Winner DBA 2022 for best professional communicator. Doctor in Pharmacy. Scientific and health communicatoron social media, TV and Radio: @boticariagarcia and Alfonso Álvarez-Prieto, General Manager & Founder at Scentmate by Firmenich, among others.
In addition, this year the Beauty Cluster will organize the second edition of the Digital Beauty Summit, the exclusive forum for knowledge, experiences and innovation on e-commerce and digital transformation in the Spanish beauty industry, on the same day as the awards ceremony. It will have top-level experts and environments to debate, share and connect with other professionals on technological and digital innovation, new solutions and their application to online commerce, evolution and perspective of communication in social networks, success stories in the sector and many others. innovation topics and digital trends that will impact the beauty industry in the coming years.
LIST OF FINALISTS OF THE 2023 EDITION
- Best digital communication agency in the beauty sector: The Beauty Makers, Aktiva, Labelium Play, be-shared, Good Rebels, The place to be, The White Hat, 2 Open China and Wonderbrand Studio.
- Best digital innovation in physical beauty retail: Airparfum (Puig), Martiderm Active Mirror, Skeyndor, Contes de Parfums, iMStant Pro, Kriim Natural Cosmetics, Perfumería Comas, SVR/Next’Media and Selvert Thermal
- Best APP or digital platform in the beauty sector: Sephora, Skinscanner, Plei, Scentmate, Des-pigment Test, Insckin, Impress, Skinbliss and Marta Masi.
- Best digital directive in the beauty sector: Gerardo Cañellas, Lilin Yang, Alfonso Álvarez-Prieto, Carlota Pérez, Sergi Parra, María Cudeiro, Marta Moya, Felipe Marín and Mia Carol Bruguera.
- Best digital communication media of the sector: Next in Beauty, Bellezapura.com, Welife, IM Farmacias y Superlativa Botanicals.
- Best professional beauty brand in digital: ghd Spain, Wella Professionals, Kevin Murphy, Bruno Vassari, DRV Phytolab, Cosmética Ecológica Tarrazo, Glo910, Salerm cosmetics, Forcapil
- Best perfumery brand in digital: Contes de Parfums, Ainea Perfums, Zep Torrenz, Comporta Perfumes and Playboy Fragrances.
- Best New Digital Innovation: Lush, Iberchem, Bella Aurora, Inskin, Contes de Parfums, Scentmate, Philyra-Symrise, Merck, Shoppertec, SVR, MDB Suite y Sym’Index by Symrise.
- Best new sustainable digital innovation: Cantabria Labs, Faca Packaging, Iberchem, Philips, Sorga, Periche, Trusted Brand and Selvert Thermal
- Best digitization provider: Puig-Airparfum, Imstant Pro, Scentmate by Firmenich, Alibaba, InSkin, Kosmetikon, Oct8ne, Upshelf and Wonderbrand
- Best new e-commerce or Marketplace launch: Montibello, Ginger Milk, Perfume’s Club Marketplace, Merck, Maraiva, Labeau Organics, Help Cosmetics, Indola (Henkel) and Mila Bonis
- Best digital transformation of a company in the beauty sector: DKSH, Mesoestetic, Scentmate by Firmenich, Martiderm, Iberchem, Germaine de Capuccini, Merck, Farmacias Direct and InSkin.
- Best online training platform or initiative in the sector: Cantabria Labs, Escuelas Atopía Pierre-Fabre, Mesoestetic Academy, Farmaschool, Master e-commerce in Beauty BBS, PF Academy, Wikiparfum Pro, DRV- Phytolab PLEI, Mentactiva, Grupo Naos, Lubrizol and SVR.
- Best e-commerce or Marketplace in the beauty sector: 5th Avenue, Perfume’s Club, Sephora, Marta Masi, Martiderm, Atida, Farmaciasdirect, Glo910, Promofarma by DocMorris, SVR, Tmall Global and Two Poles.
- Best digital cosmetic brand in the beauty sector: Lush, Bella Aurora, Cantabria Labs, Bioderma, SVR, Miin Cosmetics, Vera&the Birds, 3Ina, Singuladerm, Mia Cosmetics, Lico Cosmetics and Olistic.
- Best cosmetics and perfumery youtuber: Ratolina, Andrés – Perfume Man, Miriam Llantada, Boris Soler, Juan López – Huéleme Mucho and Caty de Oliveira.
- Best paid digital marketing campaign in the industry: Bella Aurora, ghd, Martiderm, Miin Cosmetics, Atida | Mifarma, Dr. Tree – Laboratorios Phergal, Rochas (Grupo Farlabo), Sensilis (Dermofarm), 5th Avenue, Loewe Perfumes (LVMH), Singuladerm and Cumlaude Lab (Dermofarm).
- Best tiktoker in the beauty sector: @enfermerarubia, @martaponsbeauty, @alvaroplaton, @caty_deoliveira, @helena.rodero, @nadiskin, @salmateruel, @lenadepons, @annersite, @farmaciaconsuegra, @elisariosmontes and @borissoler.
- Best instagramer in the beauty sector: @anabel.mua , @partners.incream, @helena.rodero, @unviciosano, @enfermerarubia, @martamasi5, @befarmacos, @eblancol, @farmaciaconsuegra, @leticiasanchez_mcm, @elisabethalvarez_beauty and @glowbyanna_
- Best startup brand in the digital sector: Lico Cosmetics, Olistic, Siwon Men Care, Roda Cosmetics, FETĒN, Oland, Skin Molecule X, Unavida Cosmetics, AOKlabs África, Two Poles, Superlativa Botanicals, Yepoda and Lylak Beauty.
- Best promoter of the beauty sector in social media: Rosa María Ruiz Botía, Laia Brisa, Anna Fuster, Arturo Álvarez-Bautista, Berta García Estrada, Cristina Carvajal, Carmina Alfonso Padilla, Dra. Candy Hernandez, Estefanía Blanco, Héctor Núñez Blanco, Helena Rodero, Lena de Pons, Mª Paz Pellús and María Gallego Ruiz
- Best digital marketing initiative without investment: Cantabria Labs, gh Gema Herrerías, Puig-Wikiparfum, Singuladerm, 3-Ina, Krash Cosmetics, Martiderm, Rilastil, Saigu, Carol Bruguera, Beter and Croma Pharma.
About the awards
The Digital Beauty Awards (DBA) of the Beauty Cluster are the national awards for digitization and electronic commerce in cosmetics, perfumery and personal care that are held in Spain. The third edition will be held in 2023, which will reward the best initiatives in digitization and electronic commerce in cosmetics, perfumery, and personal care.